Friday, January 18, 2008

B.A. still holds more value than high-school degree

A recent study funded by the Economic Mobility Project suggests men in their 30s are earning less than their fathers for the first time in more than 30 years. With more students entering college than ever before, questions are raised about the value of a college degree.

I've questioned the value of my college degree. I don't mean the value of our University degree in particular - I'm talking about my bachelor's degree in general. Is that little piece of paper worth the time and financial investment?

Everyone knows at least one liberal arts major who couldn't find a job right after graduation or a general studies major who wound up in a job that didn't seem to demand a four-year degree.

I was that guy for my friends.


Continue reading at The Daily Reveille...

No comments: